FloSolutions USA is looking to fill an Intermediate Hydrogeologist – Groundwater Modeler position with an individual who is passionate about water and enjoys a dynamic environment solving technically challenging problems. The position will provide an excellent opportunity for technical growth while working with our team of global water experts.
FloSolutions is an innovative hydrogeological consulting firm based in the United States and Peru servicing the mining, water resources, energy and agricultural sectors. We tackle challenging and exciting projects in complex hydrogeological environments as a close-knit technical team of more than 25 hydrogeologists, hydrologists, engineers, and geologists. We create a positive work environment with honest leadership, creativity, ingenuity and teamwork – all in an open and ethical manner. Each day our work is making the world a better place to live through innovative management of water resources.
Primary responsibilities for this position will be to participate in groundwater investigations for mining and groundwater resources projects. Candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing, planning, implementing and analyzing hydrogeological characterization programs including wells, piezometers, and hydraulic testing programs;
- Evaluating and analyzing hydrogeological characterization data;
- Compiling, synthesizing, and analyzing data to develop conceptual and numerical models of groundwater flow systems;
- Calibrating and applying groundwater models to evaluate the hydrogeological behavior of various systems including applying PEST for calibration and uncertainty analysis;
- Analyzing inputs and results from groundwater models including data analysis and post-processing;
- Working with larger teams of multidisciplinary professionals to contribute the successful outcomes of large collaborative projects;
- Development of high-quality reports and presentations to document methods and results.
- MS or PhD in Hydrogeology, Civil Engineering, or a similar field with an emphasis in groundwater hydrology and/or numerical modeling
- 3-8 years of applicable experience with a primary emphasis on hydrogeology and groundwater modeling.
- Experience developing hydrogeological conceptual models, data analysis, and numerical groundwater flow and transport models including MODFLOW, FEFLOW, FloPy, PEST, MT3D, RT3D, HDRUS etc.
- Experience with reactive transport modeling such as ToughReact desired but not required.
- Python coding experience.
- Experience planning and implementing hydrogeological characterization programs including drilling oversight, geological logging, hydraulic testing and sampling will be valued.
- Given the global nature of our business, foreign languages, particularly Spanish is a plus. Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
- Strong commitment to quality and timely delivery of work products.
- Strong interpersonal, team focused approach, and critical thinking skills are essential.
Our culture is based on providing outstanding solutions for our clients and rewarding experiences and work experiences for our team. We believe and trust our staff, who are our most important asset, are always treated with respect and provided mentorship and opportunities to grow professionally. We are dedicated to good work-life balance, flexible schedules, telecommuting options and generous benefits packages.
The position can be based in either Denver, Colorado, Salt Lake City, Utah, Reno, Nevada, Phoenix, Arizona, or Butte, Montana. Other locations may also be considered on a case-by-case basis.
FloSolutions is committed to creating a diverse environment and recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We see diversity as a strength and believe that diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all other characteristics that make us different and interesting lead to a more fulfilling work experience for us all and better solutions for our clients.
We have a clear vision of being the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on providing innovative water solutions and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Interested persons that fulfill the position requisites should send their professional resume to the following email address: [email protected]
We thank you for your interest in our position announcement. Only those applicants that demonstrate fulfillment of the requisites will be contacted for an interview.